The Mines and Geosciences Bureau Regional Office No. XIII distributed Certificates of Approval (COAs) for the 2023 Safety and Health Program (SHP) to 27 mining companies during the Caraga Mine Safety and Health Council Meeting on January 21, 2023 at the MGB Regional Office No. XIII Training Center in Surigao City.
The SHP was developed as a comprehensive plan to ensure that mine workers have a fair, secure, and humane working environment through the promotion of safety and health culture, enforcement of safety and health rules and regulations, participation in trainings and the development of human resources, and establishment of an efficient system of monitoring, inspection, and investigation to improve the safety and health programs of Caraga mines.
The first batch of the COAs were distributed to the following mining companies:
- Hinatuan Mining Corporation
- Pacific Cement Philippines, Inc. (2 projects)
- Equi-Parco Construction Company
- Adfil Corporation – Pianing Project
- Adfil Corporation – Mabini Project
- Taganito Mining Corporation
- Cagdianao Mining Corporation
- Greenstone Resources Corporation
- Kepha Mining Exploration Limited Corporation
- V.I.L. Mines, Inc.
- Prima Lumina Gold Mining Corporation
- Philippine Mining Development Corporation – Parcel 2A Project
- Silangan Mindanao Mining Company, Inc.
- Kafugan Mining Incorporated
- Marcventures Mining and Development Corporation
- Mindanao Mineral Processing and Refining Corporation
- Taganito HPAL Nickel Corporation
- Philsaga Mining Corporation (2 projects)
- Century Peak Corporation – Casiguran Mining Project
- Manila Mining Corporation
- Platinum Group Metals Corporation
- Pacific Nickel Philippines Incorporated
- Carrascal Nickel Corporation
- Brightgreen Resources Corporation
- Bunawan Mining Corporation
The COAs were issued under the conditions specified in DENR Administrative Order No. 2010-21, subject to monitoring and validation by the MGB Central Office or MGB Regional Office No. XIII. On behalf of Regional Director Larry M. Heradez, Engr. Francis Glenn N. Suante, Chief of the Mine Safety, Environment and Social Development Division, and Engr. Ritche B. Banacia, Chief of the Mine Safety and Health Section, distributed the said certificates to the aforementioned mining companies.