- The Geosciences Division (GD) shall undertake land and marine geoscientific surveys (including mineral exploration, geological mapping, geohazard assessment, groundwater resource exploration and vulnerability assessment, and engineering geological and geo-environmental studies) and provide geological laboratory and information services.
- It shall have the following sections:
General and Economic Geology Section
The function/s of the General and Economic Geology Section shall be as follows:
- Conducts geological mapping, and other specialized studies involving stratigraphy, structural geology and tectonics, and geomorphology, among others;
- Conducts mineral exploration (including characterization and modelling of mineral deposits);
- Undertakes the evaluation of proposed mineral reservation;
- Conducts validation and inventory of mineral resource;
- Assists in the evaluation of mining tenements in relation to mineral exploration; and
- Conducts Information, Education and Communication campaigns on geosciences (including geology, geohazard, rocks and mineral deposits, hydrogeology).
Hydrogeology and Environmental Geology Section
The function/s of the Hydrogeology and Environmental Geology Section shall be as follows:
- Conducts hydrogeological exploration and vulnerability assessment; and
- Conducts geo-environmental studies (including assessment of possible solid waste disposal sites and studies on climate change and other environmental impacts).
Geohazard and Engineering Geology Section
The function/s of Geohazard and Engineering Geology Section shall be as follows:
- Conducts geohazard and risk assessment (including hazard modelling, and engineering geological studies);
- Conducts relocation/resettlement and evacuation site assessment in support to disaster risk reduction and management programs; and
- Undertakes geological scoping and review of engineering geological and geohazard assessment reports.
Geological Laboratory Services Section
The function/s of the Geological Laboratory Services Section shall be as follows:
- Provides services on geological laboratory analysis of minerals/ores, rocks, soil, sediment, fossils, water and other types of samples.
|CALENDAR OF ACTIVITIES|
|– 50K Geohazard by Municipality/City|
|– 50K Geohazard by Quadrangle|
|– 10K Geohazard by Province|
|– 10K Geohazard by Municipality/City|
|– 10K Geohazard by Quadrangle|