The Mines and Geosciences Bureau conducted the Strategic Planning of the MGB-Gender and Development Focal Point System of Central and Regional Offices and Training-Workshop on the Finalization of 2024 GAD Plan and Budget on October 3 to 5, 2023 at Linden Suites in Ortigas Center, Pasig City.
The three-day training-workshop generally intended to enhance the capacities of MGB GAD Focal Point System, Program and Project Teams, and personnel in implementing gender-responsive programs, projects, and activities.
At the end of the activity, the participants were expected to:
- identify concepts on Gender Analysis and GAD Plan and Budget and appreciate their importance in implementing gender-responsive programs and projects;
- develop, finalize, and present comprehensive program and/or project concept notes/documents that respond to the elements sought by the Harmonized Gender and Development Guidelines as official attachment to annual agency GAD Plan and Budget; and
- draft and finalize MGB GAD Plan and Budget 2024.
Representatives of the GAD Focal Point System of MGB Central Office and Regional Offices attended the said activity.
Learning Sessions on the following topics were given by Mr. Pent Elyria Dawn V. Liongson, Independent GAD Specialist and Gender Advocate:
- Revisiting the Harmonized Gender and Development Guidelines;
- Introduction to Sex-disaggregated Data and GAD Database; and
- GAD Planning and Budgeting.
On the same note, the following Plenary Sessions were also carried out:
- Presentation of GAD Accomplishments, Updates, Upcoming Activities and Challenges of Central and Regional Offices;
- Presentation and Critiquing of Select Draft Program and Project Concept Notes/Documents; and
- Presentation and Critiquing of Select Regional GAD Plan and Budget.
Furthermore, the following workshops were facilitated for the participants:
- Enhancement and Finalization of Program/Project Concept Notes through Incorporation of HGDG Design Elements and
- GAD Planning and Budgeting for 2024.
The event concluded with the Closing Remarks and Ways Forward of Engr. Romualdo Aguilos, Chief of Mineral Economics, Information and Publication Division of MGB Central Office, and photo opportunities with the participants and resource speakers.