The Mine Management Division (MMD) shall undertake initial evaluation of mining and mining-related applications, monitoring of the disposition and utilization of mineral lands and resources, and survey of mineral lands.
It shall have the following sections;
Mining Tenement Evaluation Section
- Undertakes initial evaluation of mining and mining-related applications;
- Undertakes registration and maintains a registry of mining-related documents;
- Investigates and assists in the resolution of conflicts/adverse claims/oppositions concerning mining tenements;
- Evaluates the financial and economic components of proposed mining projects; and
- Maintains the Regional MRMS.
Monitoring and Technical Services Section
- Undertakes monitoring of the disposition and utilization of mineral lands and resources;
- Validates mineral reserves of mining operations;
- Undertakes mineral statistical analysis; and
- Provides technical assistance to stakeholders.
Mineral Lands Survey Section
- Undertakes evaluation of applications for survey order and survey returns, and survey plans in areas outside mineral reservations;
- Undertakes initial evaluation of applications for survey order and survey returns, and survey plans in areas within mineral reservations;
- Verifies mining tenement boundaries in connection with mining applications and in cases of conflicts/adverse claims/oppositions in areas outside mineral reservations;
- Assists in the evaluation of mining applications in relation to mining tenement boundaries;
- Manages the regional mining tenement control map; and
- Evaluates the deputation of Geodetic Engineers.